Use your GI Bill® to pay for flight training.

Basic Requirements for GI Bill Flight Training Eligibility

To use a GI Bill for flight training, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs specifies that you must accomplish the following:

(1) Qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP);
(2) Have a private pilot’s license; and
(3) Have a second-class medical certificate valid for second-class privileges—or a first-class medical certificate if you want to pursue the Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.

Ridgeline Aviation Courses Approved for GI Bill Funding

(1) Instrument Airplane 141 Course

(2) Commercial Airplane Single Engine 141 Course.

For more information concerning the use of GI Bill benefits at Ridgeline Aviation please call our office or email us. 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at